Installing the GigaSpire
These instructions are for current MEC customers upgrading their internet service to a GigaSpire u6 or u12. Watch the video or scroll down for written instructions.
- Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to port 4 for the LAN ports found on the back of the internet access device and the other to the WAN port on the back of your GigaSpire.
- Plug your GigaSpire into an outlet.
- Wait approximately 5 minutes for the system to boot. A light will appear on the GigaSpire once the process is complete:
- Blue light: your system booted successfully, and you are connected to the internet.
- Red light: the system did not boot properly. Please call us at 800.492.5989.
- Download the CommandIQ on your tablet or smartphone to finish set up. When you are setting up your new Wi-Fi network, be sure to name your network a new name you have not previously used. This will ensure correct setup of the network.
- Once you have set up CommandIQ, please call us at 800.492.5989 to complete the installation process.