Installing the GigaSpire
These instructions are for current MEC customers upgrading their internet service to a GigaSpire U6 or U12. Watch the video or scroll down for written instructions.
- Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to port 4 for the LAN ports found on the back of the internet access device and the other to the WAN port on the back of your GigaSpire.
- Plug your GigaSpire into an outlet.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for the system to boot. A light will appear on the GigaSpire once the process is complete:
- Blue light: your system booted successfully, and you are connected to the internet.
- Red light: the system did not boot properly. Please call us at 800.492.5989.
- Download the MEC Smart-Fi app to control the MEC router and set up parental controls, a guest network and more. When you are setting up your new Wi-Fi network, be sure to name your network a new name you have not previously used. This will ensure correct setup of the network.
- Once you have set up MEC Smart-Fi, please call us at 800.492.5989, so we can complete the installation process. Please let us know if you'd like to add ExperienceIQ parental controls or ProtectIQ network security.