CUTTING THE CORD
Eliminate your reliance on traditional, inflexible cable providers and gain more flexibility and control over what you want to watch.
Here are some tips and resources to help you get started.
What are online streaming services?
Over-The-Top (OTT) streaming services deliver television and video programming via the internet either on a streaming device or via a website. These services allow you to choose the specific content and/or channels that you want and are typically less expensive than cable or satellite.
How do I get started?
Our unlimited internet packages provide the connection and the speeds you need and we don’t throttle – i.e. slow down – your connection based on how much you use. We do recommend an internet package with at least 10 Mbps per device that will stream HD content. If you want to stream 4K UHD, we recommend 25 Mbps per device.
- Research your favorite shows and channels. Spend a little time reviewing the channels and shows that you like to determine which devices and services will meet your needs.
- Pick your streaming device. Since not all streaming devices support all channels and shows, make sure you select a device that offers what you want.
- Hook up your device and start your subscriptions. Many streaming services offer a free trial period so that you can test it before committing to monthly fees.
- Cut the cord!
What are some of the available streaming devices and apps?
There are many streaming devices and apps to choose from and not all streaming devices host all available apps. So you’ll need to do some research to find out which apps you want and then determine the device that’s right for you. Check out some of these guides to help you get started.
- CNET’s guide comparing live TV apps
- Inc.com’s guide to streaming services
- Consumer Reports’ guide to streaming