Tech Talk: Creating a “Suite” Home Office Space
on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
With a high-speed internet connection, working from home is easier than ever. Want to make your space really special? Here are some tech ideas to make your home office “suite” (see what we did there?).
- The ideal wireless keyboard. A wireless keyboard lets you get comfy while typing, and saves you from typing directly on your laptop or tablet. Of all the available brands, Logitech’s wireless keyboards are recognized as some of the best. Prefer an ergonomic keyboard? Check out Microsoft’s Sculpt.
- The ultimate charger. Anker specializes in chargers that work well and look stylish. They offer portable chargers and all the cables you need to keep your various devices powered up. Better yet, most of their products are available for under $20 through services like Amazon and other online retailers.
- The picture-perfect monitor. Why strain your eyes looking at a smaller laptop or desktop screen when, for less than $200, you can get a larger monitor with stunning resolution? HP and Dell both have fantastic options. Of course, you can spend as much as you want if you’re looking for 4K options and really big screens, which are perfect for video conferencing.
- The ear candy speakers. Whether you’re on conference calls, listening to music, or need sound for any other reason, you want a good external speaker to produce better sound than your computer speakers. Mackie’s CR series (particularly the CR3) are a consistently strong option that you can purchase for under $100. If you’re an audiophile, Bose is another great option; just be prepared to spend a little more.
- The efficient all-in-one printer. Printer technology has come a long way, and these days you can get a combination printer/copier/fax machine that is an efficient use of your home office space. HP is the leader in this category, offering toner-based printers under $200 and laser printers under $1,000.
With fiber internet at your fingertips, your home office can be as technologically advanced as your corporate office. Pick the right tech, and you’ll be a satisfied, well-equipped, and connected telecommuter.
The post Tech Talk: Creating a “Suite” Home Office Space appeared first on MEC.