TIPS FOR THE BEST WI-FI EXPERIENCE
on Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Have you noticed Wi-Fi slow spots in your home? Many things can adversely affect Wi-Fi. Here are some tips to help you maximize your service:
- Get your furniture out of the way: Large pieces of furniture can act as a barrier to Wi-Fi. When it’s practical and possible, place large furniture along the exterior walls of your home so they don’t block the signal.
- Reflect on mirror placement: Mirrors reflect the Wi-Fi signal from your router, ultimately decreasing the signal’s strength. We suggest limiting the use of mirrors where possible. Trust us, you already look great!
- Location, location, location: Wi-Fi routers need room to breathe. They should not be hidden behind speakers or other electronics that can cause interference. Microwave ovens, in particular, can negatively impact your Wi-Fi signal.
- Keep your network secure: Make sure your network is secure so no one else can use your service. If you need help setting up a secure network, please give us a call.
- Get the right equipment: Older Wi-Fi routers won’t allow you to maximize your fiber-speed experience, so make sure your router itself isn’t slowing you down. Our GigaCenter router, available for just $5/month for Basic/Advanced subscribers and free for Ultra/Gig subscribers, will ensure that you always have optimal service. And if you live in a large house or on a large property, it’s worth investing in a Wi-Fi extender like our mesh satellite, which is designed to work exclusively with our GigaCenter router.
Follow these tips to enjoy the best possible experience on your Wi-Fi connection, and if you ever need help, feel free to call us at 800.492.5989. We want to make sure your experience is the best possible.
The post TIPS FOR THE BEST WI-FI EXPERIENCE appeared first on MEC.