We’ve worked hard to build a culture we’re proud of, a culture that values taking care of each other, collaborating on new ideas, and standing up for our rural community.
MEC is a community within our community, a place where the work we do reflects our commitment to the communities we serve. We provide safe, reliable electricity. We keep homes warm and cozy when winter winds blow, and we give families the opportunity to stay connected with one another. Most of all, we care. We care about our customers and we care about each other.
Our Guiding Principles
Our mission, vision and values serve as our compass to guide us through every decision we make. First and foremost, our mission is to deliver first-in-class innovations and solutions where others won't. And we have a vision to create vibrant, relevant, sustainable rural communities because we believe geography shouldn't limit opportunity.
These traits are what we look for in our employees.
- You are a good listener and support your colleagues when they need it
- When you make a commitment, you mean it
- You call yourself out if you mess up
- You’re open to talking about tough stuff and figuring out how to fix it
- Your enthusiasm for your work is infectious
- You like learning new things and taking on new challenges
- You demonstrate quality in all that you do
- You’re genuinely proud of your work
- You like coming up with new ideas and sharing them
- You've got collaboration in your genes
- You greet change with a high-five
- You take the right risks
- You want to be part of a group of people who genuinely like each other
- You show up when needed
- If a teammate needs something, you're on it
- You celebrate individual and company achievements
We Love to Have Fun
We have a fifth unspoken value at MEC: it's fun. Not only do we like to laugh at the coffee bar or chat on the patio during the workday, but we host several events throughout the year that allow employees to relax and bond.
- Employee Appreciation Dinner
- Company Picnic
- Family Halloween Trunk-or-Treat
- Thanksgiving Potluck
"We work hard and have fun doing it. I don't plan on leaving MEC unless I stop having fun, and I've been here 34 years." —Dirk, Engineering Manager